The North America’s first permanent underwater art museum is now opened to the public.
After over two years of planning, the Underwater Museum of Art ( UMA) is finally opened. Its purpose is to create a marine habitat for marine life as well as to provide a creative, economic and educational outlet for visitors and residents.
The first seven sculptures were lowered into place 58ft below the surface on 6/25/2018 as listed below.
- “Propeller in Motion” by Marek Anthony
- “Self-Portrait” by Justin Gaffrey
- “The Grayt Pineapple” by Rachel Herring
- “JYC’s Dream” by Kevin Reilly
- “SWARA Skull” by Vince Tatum
- “Concrete Rope Reef Spheres” by Evelyn Tickle
- “Anamorphous Octopus” by Allison Wickey
Read the full article here on weartv.com
Images Source: YouTube Clips
The UMA is located .7 miles off the coast of Grayton Beach State Park. Admission is free, but there is and admission fee to Grayton park.
Read for more details at weartv.com