The Look Of An Old School Scuba Diver
As much as scuba diving is a somewhat progressive and evolving sport, some of us can be considered what’s being called old school divers.
Simply Scuba produced a short video clip that highlights the characteristics of what they are calling “old school divers”. As they put it old school divers are pretty set in their ways and exhibit most of the following 8 characteristics.
The telltale signs of an old school diver:
- Old Dive Cylinders from as far back as the 80’s
- Old and Faded gear
- Library of old dive logs with volume #s
- An old 4×4/car with bad shocks
- Sporting a big expensive and dated dive watch from the pre-dive computer days.
- Reminiscences about making their own dive kits.
- Multiple diving scars, because back in the day before the no-touch rule, it was considered mostly ok to touch things and interfere with marine life
- Excessive talking about diving stories
The video below, presents these 8 traits in an informative yet lighthearted and entertaining way.
Being old school is not unique to scuba diving at all. In fact I am sure we all know plenty of folks who are old school, or set in their ways, in some if not all aspects of their life.
Now, there is nothing wrong with being old school. You know, if its working for you why change? Right?
Ok, so not being critical, just observant. Simply Scuba sure does provide a critical perspective on how our topside lifestyle/habits can over shadow our scuba diving habits as well.
Home Made Scuba Gear
Scuba Diving Nostalgia
Plan your next dive adventure with PADI Travel
Purchase your next dive trip from PADI Travel at our affiliate link below and receive a free $500 Hotel Discount Card that can be used worldwide for hotel stays , car rentals and excursions.--> http://forscubadivers.com/DivePadi
Click Here To See How Hotel Savings Cards Work (video)Simply email proof of purchase for verification. Terms apply, see terms on your Hotel Savings Card email.