Don’t take the durability of your wetsuit for granted. Proper wetsuit care and maintenance is required to extend the life of your wetsuit. Here are 5 of the worst commonly overlooked things that you should not do to your wetsuit.
It is quite possible to get quite a few years out of your wetsuit if it is properly maintained. Proper wetsuit maintenance is not difficult. It is more about adjusting, or should I say, improving your current maintenance routines to better care for it.
As highlighted in the clip below, exposing your wetsuit to the 5 following things will greatly impact its long-term usability.
- Unnecessary exposure to the sun
- Unnecessary exposure to hot water and heat
- Harsh chemicals and solvents should certainly be avoided.
- It goes without saying that exposure to sharp objects should be avoided
- Improper care and storage are also very important in extending the useful life of your wetsuit.
Watch the following clip for a few great tips that may hep you extend the life of your wetsuit.
Images Source: YouTube Clips