If you are looking for adventure in a new frontier, you don’t have to travel far…. You just have to go deeper.
The depths of our oceans and seas remains an undiscovered frontier. There is so much that is yet to be discovered about the underwater worlds deep beneath the surface of our oceans.
- Deep water diving is diving at depths of between 60-130 feet or 18-40 meters.
- The current record for deep diving was made by Ahmed Gaber on September 18, 2014. He went to 1066 feet or 332.35 meters. What do you think about his decompression time of 14 hours?
- Only 12 people have ever dived below 790 feet with self-contained breathing gear.
- Sound travels five times faster in water and faster in warm water than cold water.
- Light penetrates only to a depth of 200 meters.
Read the full article here